I had a try of this little beauty just this morning. The perfect snack or pre-made lunch for on the go:
- 600g of cauliflower, leaves removed and cut into small florets.
- 1 medium zucchini (approximately 120g)- grated
- 4 rashers of short cut bacon cut into small pieces.
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese – finely grated
- 1/2 cup of tasty cheese – grated
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 1 teaspoon of onion flakes
- 2 eggs – lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup of water
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- olive oil to shallow fry
And here we go….
- Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and blitz until they turn into small pieces. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the crushed garlic, onion flakes, grated zucchini, chopped bacon, parmesan cheese and tasty cheese to the bowl with the cauliflower and add the self raising flour before stirring well to combine.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl lightly with a fork and add salt and pepper to taste. Add the eggs along with 1/4 cup of water to the bowl with the cauliflower mixture and stir. Gradually add the extra water and stir until you have a thick batter – please note you may not need all of the water depending on the size of the cauliflower and zucchini that you used.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop up the batter and place the fritter mixture into your pan. Use a spoon to gently spread the mixture into a circle between 1/2cm – 1cm thick. You should be able to fit approximately six fritters (or even more depending on the size of your pan) into your frying pan.
- Cook the Cauliflower Cheese and Bacon Fritters for 5 minutes on each side until they are crisp and golden brown before transferring to a plate and covering them with foil so they stay warm while you cook the next batch. Repeat until all the Cauliflower Cheese and Bacon Fritters have been cooked.
Credit to the lovely website of Create, Bake, Make for this idea- Link below for more scrumptious recipes.